Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Detox Day 17 of 21 pounds in 21 days

HELLO! Today is day 17! I just marvel that the time is going by so quickly. Everyday seems so busy and I have the energy to get through. I'm not falling asleep at 4pm anymore. I am starting to really feel good about myself knowing that I am totally going to do this and that I am totally going to make my goal of 130!
I forgot to tell you two very important things yesterday. One... The rash on the side of my face and neck are almost gone. My forehead has completely cleared up. YEAH!
The second thing is a little more mushy.... I haven't been able to wear my original wedding ring since December 2005. Not because of the weight, but because of a change in my system cause the ring to cause such sever ring rash, I actually have a scare. I couldn't even wear it for a few hours because it would immediately start to blister my skin. SO, I took it off and for Christmas last year my DH bought me a new sterling sliver ring to replace the one I couldn't wear. Well, 3 days ago, I put my original ring back on. I thought, hey..I'm detoxing, maybe whatever was in my system causing me not to be able to wear my ring has been detoxed out of my system. I have not had a single sign of a blister or a red mark at all. And honest to GOD, I had to flash my hand in front of my husband like 12 times before I said, hey, do you notice anything...and when he realized I had my original ring on I swear I saw a tear in his eye. It was awesome!

So I know everyone is probably wondering about my weight. Well, today I don't have a lot to report cause I only lost .2 of a pound (my scale weighs in .2 increments) I usually only count the pounds, but I have to acknowledge progress even if it was .2 of a pound.

I tried today to make the spicy bean soup. NO LUCK. I felt so stupid. I don't know if I cooked the beans long enough but I couldn't get them to blend and had to call the DH in for assistance and I was in the throws of having a 4 year old tantrum....no really, I felt like I was having a tantrum LIKE a four year old. So DH comes to the rescue only he end up burning out the motor on our bullet mixer.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the bullet I cried. I love that thing. SO tomorrow DH will be heading off to BB&B to acquire a new bullet.

DH and I are starting the Intestinal clean together using a highly recommend OXY-POWDER. I purchased a bottle because I didn't feel like the inner cleanse was working and I was have a BM like once a week outside of the Friday night enemas (doesn't that sound so exciting.... Date night watch out!) So we are suppose to have 3-5 BMs the next day so, I will let you know. I think I would be happy with one and call it successful.

Wow, and I didn't think I had anything really to blog about tonight. :D
SO... DAY 17 DONE! 4 MORE TO GO!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still getting up the nerve to start this detox. you have a lot of courage to do this diet and post your feelings and pictures. you look so different now. you face looks refreshed and beautiful. it looked tired and drawn in the first pictures. not anymore. your skin looks beautiful and clear! what a change! keep it up!!

 
At 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have been building up to doing this detox and I hope you know how inspiring you are and your blog has been a wonderful read. What kinds of soups are your favorite? Do you have differfent varieties or do you like certain ones?

Thank you for sharing your exciting journey..you are truly beautiful inside and out!

 
At 5:27 AM , Blogger Mosaic Cats said...

YAY for Oxy-Powder! I just love it love it love it. I'd been doing enemas every other day but once I did the (first) 7-day Oxy-Powder cleanse, my detox symptoms dramatically decreased fast!
I've found 8 pills to be my optimum dose, but I tried as many as 10 at once before I determined that. Look forward to your experience.
I think I said this before on one of your boards but when it's time, think about adding some psyllium husks or powder to your diet. I blend mine in my shakes. Especially if the oxy-powder makes stuff too liquid, you know? The psyllium is great for binding it all together and giving you some bulk which can be more comfortable.
Laura

 
At 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for taking time to do this blog. I am getting ready to start the detox on Aug 2nd, and this has helped me prepare. I have printed your blog so when I go through the emotions etc I know I wasn't alone :0) You have made me laugh and rejoyce through your journey. Thank you for being so honest. Congratulations on your success.

 
At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, the magic bullet has a 1 year warranty I think... might check on that?

Also -- I have been reading my copy of the book, and I saw that she mentions tea made from Senna Leaves. I have been using an herbal tea for awhile that is made primarily of senna leaves, and it definitely cleans you out. Especially if you make it too strong :-P I steep mine for about two minutes, and drink it. The Cranberry Flavor is very strong, but the peppermint flavor is not bad at all. This kind of tea can be found at most major grocery stores, I get mine at "Big Lots!" I think theone I use is called 'Super Dieter's Slimming Tea' and has a picture of a lady in a swimsuit & sarong on the front. But I imagine that any senna leaf tea will work.

Do not use this product every day -- it IS A LAXATIVE. However, if you feel like you aren't going, this will help you go :-)

 
At 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acutally, just found it on Amazon... apparently my memory is spotty :-P But this is the one I use (and get at Big Lots! for about $1.89)

http://www.amazon.com/Slimming-Tea-Peppermint-24-Bags/dp/B0007PQBJW

 
At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just cannot understand how you are having just one BM a week (aside from exciting Friday night). Were you like this before the detox. I am going ALL the time.
Have you thought about a colonic? Mine was 60 dollars, and was interesting to say the least.

Good luck with your intestinal cleanse. I am proud of your progress, and because of you, I am now doing the detox program as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

logos, company logo and corporate identity design
logo design