Sunday, July 08, 2007

Detox Eve



Well, I had a pretty good day. My husband I took the kids and went to a lake nearby for the day. I got a little sun burned but not too bad. We just relaxed, and enjoyed. It was kind of an unspoken break, and prep for the 3 weeks to come. I've set my counters up and hubby is going to get me fresh veggies tomorrow to make a soup for dinner. I've got my distilled water chilling and the magic bullet (uh, the blender) and juicer set up on the counter aching to be used. My biggest concern right now is how am i going to make it to 8:30 before I start. I'm up at 5:45, drop my son and daycare by 6:45 and I'm at work by 7, usually breakfast in hand. I suppose I will try to hold on on water first, but if not, I will start with the juices. Every two hours is what I think the important part is. I can't imagine that it would be bad to move things up an hour and a half?
OK Well, I've had a few request to post pictures and starting stats....it's ugly but here it goes:
I'm 5'3" (that part I don't expect to change....lol)
weight: 247
BMI: 63
Bust: 49 1/2"
Waist: 44"
Hips: 53 1/2"
Thigh: 27 1/2"
Upper arm: 17 1/2"
Size 24 or 3x



























Ugh...I'm utterly embarrassed, but I'm making myself post this to remind myself why I am doing this, I am also going to take a picture every night so I can see the changes. I don't know if I will post every single one.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ChickyCola. Thanks for being willing to share your experiences will all of us. You are really an encouragement to me. I am checking into using this program to lose 100 lbs. as well. Will look through the book and, if all looks well, plan to start Sunday July 15th. I would like to stay in touch. My email is sloppydroppings@yahoo.com. Thanks, Shari

 
At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI There -- I saw your review on Amazon and am going to keep tabs on you! I wish you LOTS of success with this, and I guess if it looks like its working for you, I will likely order the book & have it fed-exed from amazon so I can start it myself :-)

--tandym

 
At 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger Laura said...

You are so brave, Chicky Girl! I know putting your stats and fotos up here will keep you accountable and inspired. How did Day One go for you?

First, thanks for linking to my blog! So kind of you. I'm compiling a post about "all this diet/detox stuff" in my head today. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow. I've been doing lots of online reading, researching and thinking about all this over the last week or so.

I made it four full days on the strict fruit/veggies/protein shake part (my own program similar to the one you're on). Started last Thurs and came off it a bit Sun night with some tempeh and steamed veggies. I'm gonna keep tweaking it so it works for me, day-by-day. I may have some fasting/liquids-only days, and I may have other partial, intermittent fasting days. All in all, I'm quite pleased with my progress and my motivations right now.

I want to commend you for some of your comments on your google group re. the detox part not being so "fun". I'm concerned that this book will inspire a whole bunch of folks to jump on the wagon to lose the weight fast, but the cleasning/detox/healing crisis/yeast die-off reactions are not for sissies! I had a headache for a full 24 hour period on my second to third days this time, and I'm not normally a frontal lobe headache kind of girl. That is total bowel/liver toxicity and stagnation! Should've taken my own advice and done an enema, but I knew the oxy-powder would blow it out.

As someone on your group board suggested, everyone should research detoxing processes once the going gets rough, and it WILL! Our fat traps so many toxins for us, sparing our vital organs. When we start burning the fat, all those poisons are released and the cleansing symptoms are intense, and very interesting in how they move around and change and morph! Use Curezone. Great boards there and tons of info. Sweat, breathe deeply, get some sun, walk in nature, skin brush, do an enema, get lymphatic drainage massages...SLEEP! All stuff that helped me, and continues to help me daily, in this current year of life in which I am doing tons of cleansing and healing. The weight will come off, of that I'm certain, and maybe 30lbs have since new years. But I want to do it in healthy, sane and self-loving ways this time. No self-abuse.

Stay strong!
Laura

 
At 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did your first day go? I'm so interested in seeing how you do on the detox. I added your link to my toolbar so I can check your progress daily :) When you post daily would you let us know what you thought of the recipes you use (shakes, powders, soups, etc)? good luck with everything!

 
At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chicky,

Hi from NY. I read your review on Amazon. I too am trying the detox plan. I have about 60ish lbs to lose. Glad to see others online doing it as well. Let's compare notes in 3 weeks!

Mary

 
At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chicky:
Guess what I started the detox the same day you did. I have been searching for a spot to post my experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

logos, company logo and corporate identity design
logo design