Friday, July 06, 2007

Getting Ready

Wow! I'm super excited! Thanks for all the encouragement and comments! I am getting a lot of activity on my Google group too!
I have been having a hard time getting through the book mostly due to my own time constraints but...i flipped forward a bit to chapter 7, page 154 setting up for success.
Setting my goals:
I am completely going to use this detox to reset my eat habits. I'm trying to erase 35 years of bad eating habits! I'm amazed I can do that in only 21 days. I have 100 pounds that I would like to loose by 07/01/2008! So, I would like to jump start a healthier lifestyle with this diet. I would like to loose 21 pounds by 07/30/2007.
Picking a program:
The program that I am going to use is the 21 day program. I am fully committed to it.
Talk to your Doctor:
I am skipping the talking to my doctor about it because he has pretty much told me that I need to loose weight and that will resolve a lot of my health issues, i.e. border line high blood pressure, creeping blood sugars and cholesterol.
Well, I guess I should rephrase that, I have spoken with my doctor about dieting. He supported me through 8 months of Atkins. He supports 50 carbs a day. He feels that diets are psychological and you need to find what works for you, and he wants me in to check progress every month or so. I haven't gone in a few months because I have not been able to get on a program and stick with it. I will see him in August to have my blood work done again.
Put Your Support System in Place:
Well, I feel I have done this step in a big way! I have all of you, plus the Google group. Also, I have 8 people that live in my home. My husband and our two kids and my brother in law and his 16 year old triplet daughters...yeah I know, but it works. ANYWAY, I don't know how much more support I can expect :D they are wonderful. My husband went and bought me a juicer yesterday, my brother in law is offering to go to the farmers market and pick up my start up fruits and veggies on Saturday, the Girls offered to help feed my kids at dinner, so if it is too hard for me to sit at the table, they are there *Tears*... my family is wonderful, I'm grateful for how supportive they are. I feel like I have also created accountability with the Google group and blog since I have committed to documenting the process and supporting others as well as drawing on your support...Thank you all for your part!
Also Work, don't forget work support please. (I always had more temptations at work then at home.) I work with a small group of people and I have been reading my book and talking with them about it and told them my start date, so they are all excited for me, and happy to see me taking steps to making a healthier me. Way cool!
Clean your Kitchen:
Well, the best I can do is claim a counter and a shelf in the refrigerator. I'm OK with that.
making copies today of the diet to hang up on the fridge and various places around the house.

Whew...got through that...not too bad: lets see the book has some other preparatory suggestions:
T Minus 2 weeks:
Order or shop for supplies... Check!
I have the kit and book, starting to stock up on the distilled water.

Shop for a juicer ... Check!

Make appointments for colonic, massages, and other treatments. .... um..no check,

Colonic....I have to look into that... not comfortable with it...

Massages, we have a school near us that has an open hours Saturday and Sunday from 8-5. I'll squeeze one in then.

Other treatments?? Will require more reading to find out what that means.

T Minus 1 week:
Shop for crock-pot, Tupperware, thermos, water bottle and like... check check check check and check :D wow, that was easy.
Set up your kitchen for success. Will do tonight, but I've picked a counter and an shelf of which I will claim as my very own :D

In addition, since my house has so many people in it we have a shopping day, Thursdays, which is my husband and his brothers responsibility, so I informed them that I would shop for myself and that would consist of me going every other day to get veggies and fruit. Which brought up the Organic vs Non-Organic topic.

This is a hot topic in my house. My husband feels that Organic is not truly Organic and most Organic fruits and veggies are grown in soils that were contaminated at one point in time, therefore always contaminated. What do you think? Anyway due to the costs and the controversy, I will not be using Organic vegetables and fruit.

OK so I am at T Minus 3 days. I'm feeling excited, a little nervous, but confident!
Thank you everyone!


Helpful links:
Transcripts of Robin and Roni on Larry King: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0707/03/lkl.01.html
And the YouTube link part 1 with Robin Quivers, intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1XtWyOXsIc
Part 2 with Robin Quivers, her experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo5QfCcZVGg
Part 3 actually with Roni: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU1-AOXMKMg

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Forest Lady said...

I just ordered the book. I already own a juicer. I need to lose 100 lbs, too. I'm anxious to see how you do on it. I'm hoping I can sell my husband on it as he needs to lose a lot too. I'll keep reading. Good luck!

 
At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!

I have gone on a fruits/vegetables/protein shake/water only program and the weight has fallen off of me. I feel a million times better and I look better than I did in high school (I'm now 36).

One small piece of unsolicited advice:

Make sure you include EXERCISE in your program. Walking is FANTASTIC for burning extra calories, and if you can do it 30-60 minutes at a steady pace, your results will be even greater.

Good luck to you. I'll be watching your progress.

(By the way, are you going to post some before, during and after pictures so we can all see how well you've done? Please consider it!)

 
At 10:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hun!!

I am thinking about starting this diet in the next few days also. I need to read the whole book. I am not 100% committed. I also have a 6 year old (central Phoenix). Would love to keep in touch, Jody (josepi@doitnow.com)

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger liz said...

Dear Cheery,

I read your blogg and know you will do good.
I saw the Larry King show last night and had a wonderful dream and I need to loose 75 lbs. Can you send me the diet please so I can start with you tomorrow since I do not have any time to purchase the book. Look forward to hearing from you. Good luck to all of us who are over weight for one reason or another.

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger liz said...

Cheery,

My email address is yilsu@yahoo.com.
Thanks again, Liz

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm considering this diet myself. I need to lose perhaps 40 pounds. I've done that before by increasing my protein and excercise and restricting my carbs (understanding the differences of good and bad carbs is crucial for permenant weight control and I would suggest you read South Beach Diet after you've finished this). This diet interests me for the health benfits of detoxing. I've done the Master Cleanse (so did Robin Quivers), aka The Lemonade Diet, and lost weight and felt good. I'm interested to see how this compares. Drop me an email if wish. Good luck... Ralph rtommasini@hotmail.com

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger ghetto_superstar said...

Dr. Roni seems like a sooo understanding person, just like your average everyday woman. But with lost of inspiration, goals, and intelligence in hebal remides.

Anywhooo... thanks for the links

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

mac cosmetics, lululemon, ghd, nike air max, longchamp, herve leger, asics running shoes, hollister, new balance, wedding dresses, iphone cases, mont blanc, nike trainers, nike air max, soccer shoes, vans shoes, mcm handbags, ray ban, louboutin, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, vans, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, hollister, north face outlet, hollister, bottega veneta, birkin bag, converse outlet, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, soccer jerseys, oakley, lancel, p90x workout, ralph lauren, insanity workout, gucci, nike huarache, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nike roshe, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo shoes

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger jasonbob said...

air jordan shoes
a bathing ape
golden goose starter
golden goose
golden goose sneakers
kd shoes
moncler outlet
calvin klein
supreme
balenciaga sneakers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

logos, company logo and corporate identity design
logo design